- Pride Month: Your Story Matters – Dr. Bakkalian
Post by Dr. Nyri A. Bakkalian. It matters now, more than ever, to uplift trans voices and read trans stories, and for us trans authors, to write those stories.
- Vermont Sci-Fi and Fantasy Expo
Post by Charleigh Brennan. Hi everyone! I wanted to update you all on how the Vermont Sci-Fi and Fantasy Expo went. In one word: Amazing!
- PRESS RELEASE: Bringing Bolivar Peninsula to Houston
Houston, TX—Local author Georgina Key will be signing her award-winning book, Shiny Bits in Between, on May 21, 2022, at 1 PM at the Blue Willow Bookshop (www.bluewillowbookshop.com) in West Houston.
- Reading is Magic Box – 40% of Each Purchase Supports Ukraine & Peace
Post by Sarah V. Hines. In light of the invasion of Ukraine, I am honored to support Balance of Seven in their decision to donate 40% of all box sales to the charity Sunflower of Peace, who provides dire needed medical supplies to medics and doctors in Ukraine, saving lives when there is little time and resources to do so.
- I Knew
Post by Theodore Niretac Tinker. A common question or conversation piece I hear around the trans identity is “When did you know?” “When did you know you didn’t identify as the gender you were assigned at birth?” “When did you know you were [insert preferred gender here]?” “When did you know you were transgender?
- 10 Ways We Are Different (And Why We Embrace It)
Post by D. Ynes Freeman. Most of our books are award winning or #1 Amazon bestsellers, sometimes both. But that’s not all that makes Balance of Seven unique.
- The Evolution of Language: Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
Post by Dr. Nyri A. Bakkalian. Modern language on gender identity and sexual orientation is not the same as the language that existed in the 1860s, but that doesn’t mean that people with those identities didn’t exist.
Who We Are
Established in 2018, Balance of Seven, LLC is a small independent press dedicated to keeping the magic in publishing. Our readers crave magic, and we aim to bring it to them by providing a platform for new voices and perspectives. Owned and operated by a cis woman and a trans man: diversity and allyship are at the very core of our makeup. We bravely venture beyond genre; when publishing emerging voices, we find they often do not fit “inside the box.” Many of our books are award winning or #1 Amazon bestsellers, sometimes both. Come say hello to us and discover the book you didn’t know you loved at balanceofseven.com.
Our Mission, Our Magic
Our mission is simple: keep the magic in publishing.
We do this by:
- Selecting manuscripts by underrepresented writers (women, LGBTQIA+, BIPOC, those who battle mental or physical challenges, and more)
- Implementing a multilayered editorial process to ensure excellence in storytelling and mechanics
- Working side by side with authors, illustrators, designers, and sometimes letterers and colorists to create custom, one-of-a-kind books that reflect the true essence of the story
- Publishing high-quality, professional books that change the way readers view the world
To build a better bookshelf that includes all voices.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
At Balance of Seven, our mission is to keep the magic in publishing—and diversity is magic. We view diversity, equity, and inclusion as the amplification of voices and ideas from cultures, lifestyles, and experiences that paint a broader picture of our community than has previously been portrayed. We invite you to discover the book you didn’t know you loved.
What Readers Say About Our Books