10 Ways We Are Different (And Why We Embrace It)
by D. Ynes Freeman
- We are owned and operated by a cis woman and a trans man. diversity, inclusion, and allyship are at the very core of our makeup.
- We are independent: an active member of the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA).
- We produce books that defy genre. When publishing new voices, they often do not fit “inside the box.”
- Most of our books are award winning or #1 Amazon bestsellers, sometimes both.
- Our Managing Editor has a degree in Applied Mathematics. the best of both worlds—a love of language and a keen eye for details.
- Our Publisher’s background is in audience marketing in traditional publishing.
- We happily READ LGBTQ+ submissions and are actively growing our BIPOC authorship.
- We don’t use the word “rejection.” If work isn’t accepted, we phrase it as nonacceptance.
- Most of our covers are custom illustrated by emerging artists.
- Without readers like you, we would not exist. Thank you for picking up our authors’ books!